Re: RE: Re: [asa] Ravi Z. delivers

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu Mar 05 2009 - 19:28:36 EST

Of course we have only a brief summary of what Paul said there so can hardly
be dogmatic about what he did or didn't include. But the impression we get
from the summary is that the only sin he spoke of was the fundamental one of
idolatry. Commandments 2-10 get no attention.

The doctrine of creation is important. _How_ God created the world &
humanity is less so - & I say that as one who has devoted a significant part
of his ministry to trying to inculcate adequate views of such matters among
Christians. If we insist that evolution & the age of the earth _must_ be
included in every presentation of the Christian message then we make the
same type of mistake as those YECs who imagine that one has to think the
earth to be 6000 years old in order to be really Christian.

Shalom
George