Re: [asa] Ravi Z. delivers

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 22:56:38 EST

Merv,

My personal position would be number 3. I think its the pragmatic
position.

Because of this I think we should feel delighted that God would hold His
hand out to us to give us a boost up and save us from natural disaster. And
I therefore have very little patience with people who ask the question - at
least until they have recognized that #3 exists and somehow have a reason
for moving beyond it to #4.
I am suspicious of those who fail to think of #3 and move first to #4. I
think they are somehow following what C.S. Lewis calls "Christianity and
Water" which is actually mythology. Popular culture preaches that God is a
harsh condemning ogre who punishes. And it then lies and says this is the
teaching of Christianity. I don't think Ravi or anybody else should have
to defend this myth.

Thanks,
Dave