Re: [asa] Nakedness and the Fall of Man

From: <philtill@aol.com>
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 16:23:41 EST

 Actually, I agree you've got a good point on the location and I've been thinking about asking Mark about this.  I think Mark's perspective is that the text was written while Moses was bringing the Jews into Palestine, and it was written as a polemic against the Canaanite religion, and so it was conditioned by a knowledge of conditions in Palestine, not Mesopotamia.  I think Mark might be right about this, and yet the text is clearly set in Mesopotamia.

Phil