RE: [asa] Nakedness and the Fall of Man

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 14:18:30 EST

Hi Phil

It isn't one word. It's the entire context. He's missed the location
entirely. It's not Israel, it's Mesopotamia. Who doesn't know by now the
location of the Garden is near the Euphrates? The Bible writer tells us
that. And the first city there required irrigation to allow them to grow
crops, water their livestock, etc. The entirety of these verses is to tell
us that the desert area, where it does not rain, needed some help to make it
fertile and a canal was used to facilitate putting this area into use.

Aside from the Euphrates, there were no other "rivers" in Babylon
(Psa.137:1), only canals. Ezekiel was among the captives by the "river
Chebar" (Ezek. 1:3; 3:15, 23), corresponding to nar Kabari meaning the
"great canal," the largest of three or four navigable canals that watered
the fields of ancient Nippur. Since we are afforded a clear example in
Psalms and Ezekiel where "rivers" are canals, a scriptural basis exists to
use the same definition in Genesis. In other words, there was a place called
Eden, out of which a canal ran eastward to irrigate the garden, where God
placed Adam.

I'm not blaming Mark for getting it wrong, so has nearly everybody else.

Dick Fischer, GPA president

Genesis Proclaimed Association

www.genesisproclaimed.org