[asa] FYI: LIVE internet streaming test

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 11:07:11 EST

Hi all-
  I mentioned before that I have a science/religion discussion group. The next meeting is Tue. 3-3-09 (today if you read this today ;-). As an experiment, I'm going to try LIVE internet streaming, so anyone anywhere can view the meeting live and also leave real-time comments in the chat section. I'm posting this in case others want to tune in. I think the ASA may also want to use this LIVE streaming capability for future projects? (It is free.) More info is below if you are interested.
  The meeting is Tue. 3-3-09 from 8-9 pm (Pacific time).

  We have a guest speaker (Gretchen Newmark) regarding Buddhism and science. If you'd like a preview to prepare for the meeting, please read these two documents that she suggested:

http://www.diamondway.org/portland/articles/quantum.pdf
and
http://www.diamondway.org/portland/articles/bridging_science.pdf

  We will also try an experiment with a LIVE internet stream. You can watch the meeting as it happens, and even type in questions. In this way, someone from New York, California, etc. can watch LIVE. If it works, you can see the LIVE broadcast here (from 8-9 pm):

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sciligion

,,,Bernie
http://www.meetup.com/sciligion/