Re: RES: [asa] science martyrs

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 02 2009 - 18:04:10 EST

Ted,

This is the sort of thing that s/b in a "Christian wiki". Not just
covering the history of Christianity, but also covering the
perceptions of Christianity as treated by society and scholars in
general. Hopefully someday the ASA will be able to build such a
website if the editorial policy is rigorous enough.

I enjoyed Stephen M Barr's talk on ten myths about Christianity and
science. He makes a case that the church basically created science.
It was the first I had heard of the idea. Its as if standard American
public education just leaves it out.

-Dave