RES: [asa] science martyrs

From: Marcio Pie <pie@ufpr.br>
Date: Mon Mar 02 2009 - 17:02:33 EST

Thanks, David.

I agree with what you wrote. But I guess everyone would agree that there is
this notion that, particularly in the middle ages, the "Church" was a severe
suppressor of scientific advances through persecution. But how did this
become so prevalent?

Is this one of those things that dates back to John Draper and Andrew
Dickson White?

Marcio