RE: [asa] Campolo gets it wrong

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Mon Mar 02 2009 - 13:14:42 EST

Merv said:
" I think I'll need to go check out "Descent of Man" as well. I'm certainly intrigued by Darwin's attitudes, and like Greg suggests, what better way to see them than by reading him. Perhaps I will find it less tedious than I did "Origins..." which I confess I did not make it very far into."

I also feel the urge to read "Descent of Man." I also never finished "Origins..." but from about the half I read, I started to develop an awe and appreciation for Darwin. I discovered how genius he was by reading him first-hand and felt sorry for the character assassination he gets from evolution-deniers. I also read a biography of him, which was interesting to learn of his work, family, and church life. He seemed to be a pillar of his community, unlike Einstein who apparently couldn't comprehend how to be a family man.

...Bernie