Re: [asa] The father of the F-16 dies

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Mon Mar 02 2009 - 11:47:34 EST

Funny how things connect. One of the personally most satisfying designs
in my engineer/physics career was the very high resolution, high
luminance cathode ray tube embodied in the right and left panel
multi-function displays on the earlier F-16s. That plane was quite an
achievement in so many technology ways. It's nice to hear some of "the
rest of the story" [with a nod to recently departed Paul Harvey].
JimA [Friend of ASA]