Re: [asa] science martyrs

From: Lynn Walker <>
Date: Sun Mar 01 2009 - 16:06:23 EST

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Marcio Pie <> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I got a simple question: what are the well-established cases of science
> martyrs? ..."
James Hansen has L O N G been claiming to be just such a victim and has
gotten little sympathy. It seems to be putting him over the edge now.
Bless his heart. :)

NASA’s chief climate scientist is in hot water with colleagues ....after
calling on citizens to engage in civil disobedience ... [this] blurs the
line between astronomer and activist and may violate the Hatch Act, which
prohibits federal employees from participating in partisan political
activity. ... “Why he has not been fired I do not understand” ...

March 1, 2009

To unsubscribe, send a message to with