Re: [asa] science martyrs

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 01 2009 - 13:29:44 EST

Dean Kenyon? Author of Biochemical Predestination? Changed his mind,
suffered the consequences, and didn't he have to have court action to
re-instate him?

But define martyr? Does losing one's job or career count? Or does
it take shed blood to count? Or is doing jail time the criteria?

If Mike Behe isn't a martyr I'd be darned if I know what one is. Lets
say he is scientifically wrong. So what? His crime is aiding people
who don't want to kiss the ring of the cardinals of the church of
evolution. That is all his crime is. Its a political crime. Similar
in nature to what Oppenheimer was accused of. The cardinals have
instigated the new McCarthyism.

Has not Jerry B., ASA member, suffered career loss for writing a neutral piece?

Rod LeVake, who lives near me, wrote a "proposed" lesson plan, was
told no, and he then said he would comply with any lesson plan the
administrration wanted. But he lost his job (not his employment - his
job) because they feared LeVake goes to the wrong church and
therefore isn't capable of complying with the administrations lesson
plan.