RE: [asa] science martyrs

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Sun Mar 01 2009 - 10:14:22 EST

I am sure there were many people who did not get Nobel prizes but were well deserving of it. I can think of Raymond Damadian (http://web.mit.edu/invent/a-winners/a-damadian.html ) , also a technician who worked at Berkeley for Owen Chamberlain who discovered the antiproton. Perhaps one can also include Rosalind Franklin whose x-rays data lead to the discovery of DNA. There were not martyred but it may have been a living death to survive such injustice.
Moorad