Re: [asa] Miracles and God of the Gaps

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <>
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 22:40:48 EST

/Continuata creatio/ is a classic term equivalent to /providentia/. It
has an orthodox sense, but it would mean something rather different in
connection with Malebranche's Occasionalism. It seems to me that any
current reference to continuous creation suffers from a similar effect.
It's not what you make of it, but what has accreted in contemporary
Dave (ASA)

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:52:45 -0600 Keith Miller <> writes:
> Dave:
> > Keith,
> > Your "continuous creation" sounds to me more like Hugh Ross's
> > position than yours. I recognize that Providence is often
> connected
> > to Creator, but in the current situation creation seems almost
> > always to suggest divine initiation of new forms. If you don't
> like
> > TE, Denis's "evolutionary creationism," with its specific
> reference
> > to evolution, seems to derail the usual assumptions with the use
> of
> > "creationism."
> "Continuous creation" is not my term, but a theological term that
> has
> been around for awhile (I don't know its full history). It captures
> my firm theological position that ALL of creation is sustained and
> upheld by God' s continuous personal participation in it. Such a
> view does not require any causal gaps in our scientific description
> of natural processes. But it also makes not specific claims about
> what those processes are -- that is the role of scientific
> exploration.
> Keith
> To unsubscribe, send a message to with
Find the perfect boarding school for your troubled teen. Click now!

To unsubscribe, send a message to with