RE: [asa] scientism question

From: Jon Tandy <>
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 13:54:04 EST

"Science is the only reality" (actually, since science is basically a field
of study, this should be more correctly represented as "Nature is the only
reality") - either this is a self-evident fact, or it is a belief, or it's a
reasonable deduction that can be derived from facts. So how does he prove
that this assertion isn't a belief? Unless he knows all things about
everything, he has no way to conclusively rule out the existence of anything

Is matter eternal, or is it created? If it's eternal, what evidence can he
give to prove (without resorting to a belief system) that matter has always

Jon Tandy