RE: [asa] Saving Christianity WAS Appeasing TE?

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Sat Dec 27 2008 - 00:31:30 EST

Excellent point (...that even true or good science should not be made into an
extension of a Christian belief system). I am still processing (probably for
life) what it means to pursue truth of every kind as a Christian, and how that
fits into a relationship with God.

And while acknowledging John's disclaimer about using the phrase "saving
Christianity" and recognizing he didn't mean that literally --I was about to
express the same concern of the common usage of such phrases until David O. beat
me to it --thanks, David. That's always bugged me as well --sort of an
intellectual inconsistency that violates definitions like speaking of humans
"inventing God" or needing to "save God" (or for that matter: "saving the
planet" when what we really mean is some sort of preservation of a natural
order that will be keep things sustainable for future healthy human society.)

--Merv