Re: [asa] Saving Christianity WAS Appeasing TE?

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Fri Dec 26 2008 - 17:18:57 EST

Dave -

I did not say that it would have been helpful to add a brief phrase about the character of Jesus' earthly ministry "apart from the crucial matters presented in the creeds,"
nor did I suggest that the purpose of such an addition should have been to present Jesus as a model of Christian life. As I said in my first paragraph, it is the character of his life and ministry that tells us what the resurrection points to. Claims that Nero had been raised (which in fact were floating around the empire in the late 1st century) would have been bad news because they would have implied that the type of life typified by Nero had eschatological significance.

Shalom
George
http://home.neo.rr.com/scitheologyglm