RE: [asa] Appeasing TE?

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Dec 24 2008 - 11:27:15 EST

Hi Dave:

Sometimes I think YECs have a distinct advantage in that they can be
entirely wrong and yet totally agree. Whether one is a deist or theist
depends on the degree of involvement he/she believes the Creator has
with his creation, I agree.

IDs think you can slice up a creature and catch the Creator in the act
of creating, whereas TEs believe it is not so obvious. Is that precise
enough?

Where you and I might differ a bit (and that's what TEs do best) is
where you say: "One can subdivide theistic evolution into the perception
of design through scientific means (ID) ." I see ID and TE as two
distinctly different, competing methods of apology whereas you seem to
place ID as a subordinate belief within the realm of TE. I doubt we
can fine tune our beliefs to that degree, but in the spirit of
Christmas, why belabor the point? If that's how you see it, that's how
you see it. Or if you see it differently, that's okay too.

Dick Fischer, GPA president
Genesis Proclaimed Association
www.genesisproclaimed.org <http://www.genesisproclaimed.org/>