RE: [asa] Appeasing TE?

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Dec 24 2008 - 11:03:53 EST

Hi Paula:

One clue to understanding for me comes from Christ's response to the
question as to why he spoke in parables, and it was to both reveal and
conceal. That's kind of how I see God operating in nature. On the one
hand, a believer can see easily how God has provided for us in countless
ways while on the other hand, a non-believer sees the same picture and
reaches a totally different conclusion. I have no reason to doubt that
God appeared as a cloud by day and fire by night to guide the believing
Israelites through the desert. He was free to reveal himself to his
chosen people. But biological processes are open to inspection to all
and thus he remains guarded.

Why does water expand when it turns to ice? Nearly every other
substance contracts when it is cooled to the point that it passes from
liquid to solid. But freezing water breaks up rock over time turning it
gradually to soil, fish in lakes are protected by a natural barrier of
insulation so they don't freeze in winter, etc. So the natural
properties of water are extremely beneficial but what causes the unusual
expansion really? TEs can live with a little uncertainty in some areas.

And I agree with you that for him to work within the natural laws that
he has established and still accomplish his purposes without resorting
to pulling switches, or throwing levers, or changing gears is a truly
remarkable feat.

BTW, Merry Christmas to all.

Dick Fischer, GPA president
Genesis Proclaimed Association