Re: [asa] Appeasing TE?

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Tue Dec 23 2008 - 18:44:50 EST

Dick,
What you are presenting as TE is really DE, for deists are committed to
development without supernatural means. A theist is committed to God's
hand in everything, including what we think of as natural law. What we
need to remember throughout is that we are dealing with a combination of
scientific and metaphysical thinking here, whether atheistic, deistic,
panentheistic, pantheistic, theistic, etc. One can subdivide theistic
evolution into the perception of design through scientific means (ID) or
the perception of design necessarily outside of scientific means, usually
recognized as simply TE or EC, although it may sometimes be a version of
OEC. I think that OEC is more commonly a version of ID, however.
Dave (ASA)