RE: (post?) [asa] promise trumps biology (accepting biological evolution for Adam)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Sun Dec 21 2008 - 22:03:08 EST

Gordon said:
"Do you think that famous apologists go out of their way to avoid the topic?"

Yes. William Lane Craig says evolution can be avoided all together by stating that everything comes from something- big bang proves a beginning. He says if evolution is a proof for no God (God not needed with it), then we can prove the need for God because you can't get something from nothing. He leaves it there. I've heard him say that in more than one lecture.

Gordon said:
" Most scientific topics ought to be addressed at length and by
someone with the necessary background in science."

You don't need a Ph.D. in science to understand evolution and the evidence for it.

I get the feeling that they avoid it because it is controversial and their desire is to support "traditional theology." Evolutionary Creationism blows traditional theology out-the-window.

...Bernie