RE: [asa] God Or Science? A Belief In One Weakens Positive Feelings For The Other

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Sun Dec 21 2008 - 14:46:46 EST

I wrote paper in a freshman English class in 1958 on subliminal
advertising. Now half a century later somebody did another experiment.
"What they didn't realize was that they were being subliminally primed
immediately before each word," Preston said. "So right before the word
'awful' came up on the screen, for example, there was a 15-millisecond
flash of either 'God' or 'science' or a control word."

That's what this is all about - subliminal programming. The flash words
could have been "popcorn" and "peanuts" with samples handed out and
preferences recorded. No implications here for science or religion at
all. This is an experiment with little validity, results largely
misread and misunderstood.

Dick Fischer, GPA president
Genesis Proclaimed Association
www.genesisproclaimed.org