RE: (post?) [asa] promise trumps biology (accepting biological evolution for Adam)

From: gordon brown <Gordon.Brown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 23:20:03 EST

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008, Dehler, Bernie wrote:

> Do you think Campus Crusade for Christ or The Navigators would approve your material for that? William Lane Craig teaches apologetics and it seems to me he avoids the topic of evolution as much as possible (I've listened to a lot of his lectures); same with Ravi Z. Famous apologists avoid the topic; is there any wonder there's so much ignorance in the pews.

Do you think that famous apologists go out of their way to avoid the
topic? Most scientific topics ought to be addressed at length and by
someone with the necessary background in science. The problem is that
people with no such background are only too eager to expound upon it.

Gordon Brown (ASA member)