Re: (post?) [asa] promise trumps biology (accepting biological evolution for Adam)

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 22:19:08 EST

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men

Who is to say that Christ cannot be the mediator for someone who's never heard of him?

Even stricter is John 14:6: "No one comes to the Father except through me."

If hoping for a vaguely characterized savior was all it took for OT believers like Elijah, then perhaps there is a similar kind of saving hope for those who didn't even have the promise.

Jesus is the Word, and the Word is more than just the physical manifestation of Jesus. So some may have access to the Word even if not the person of Jesus. Despite the apparent clarity of the scriptural words, the criterion is not clear. Christ will be the judge.

Another aspect of this is that people in our time who reject Christianity may not be rejecting Christ but the contaminated version of Christianity they've been exposed to.

Don