Re: [asa] Appeasing TE?

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 20:32:42 EST

Hi Mike,

I sympathise with all of what you've said in reply to Michael. I'm curious in particular with the last point, if you would consider adding IDists of the 'mainstream' variety into your analysis:

"I wonder if someone has ever tested YECs, TEs, and Atheists and IDists] for ambiguity tolerance." - Mike Gene

I'm doubtful that ID is fresh enough (c. 1993 - 2005) to have stirred the psychological literature. As it is, having visited the DI and met with many 'mainstream' IDists, I suspect that your criterion would apply equally to them as well.

On the other hand, from a theological perspective, one might wonder how 'ambiguity tolerance' squares with Orthodox or Catholic thought. But that might be an aside...

Gregory