Re: [asa] Appeasing TE?

From: Nucacids <nucacids@wowway.com>
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 15:35:31 EST

As for Brian Larnder's essay, I always become suspicious when someone self-promotes as a member of the "reality based community," trying to get others to think as they do, something labeled as the "reality-based view of life." From my own extensive interaction with the "reality based community," I have found very little evidence that they are better than others when it comes to critical thinking, confirmation bias, disconfirmation bias, and intellectual honesty.

More interesting is the perception of progress: from YEC to TE to atheism. Yet from what I have observed over the years, the trace is not linear, but more like the path of a boomerang. You begin with religious fundamentalism, enter a period of doubt, and return to secular fundamentalism.

-Mike