Re: (post?) [asa] promise trumps biology (accepting biological evolution for Adam)

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 14:16:44 EST

On 12/18/08, Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu> wrote:
> John, what are we then to make of, "For there is one God, and one mediator
> also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." 1 Tim. 2:5.

This is a fair question.

In sum, like Billy Graham, I don't know.

The obvious conclusion from the above, that every person who has not
heard the gospel and "accepted' Christ is therefore destined to either
hell or oblivion is one I cannot accept.

I speak of Christ myself as "the Way." But I don't have a problem with
others who say He is "a Way."

My point was simply that splitting hairs here is a secondary issue. I
am not God; you are not God; none of us has standing to say what God's
provisions for the multitudes outside of Christianity are.

To my non-C friends, I have had no difficulty in explaining that -- to
me -- Christ is "the Way." But I make no pretense to know this beyond
a personal application.