RE: (post?) [asa] promise trumps biology (Coope classification)

From: George Cooper <georgecooper@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 13:52:27 EST

Like Bernie, I am in a church that allows YEC views. Actually, they favor
them though the pastor is wise enough not to endorse YEC whole-heartedly.

Most of the YEC folks I know in the church are extra friendly and active.
This is understandable as a person's strength is usually their weakness.
YECists are strong in their faith in scriptural and weak in allowing
re-evaluation of their interpretation when objective evidence counters their
view.

Since I favor a very literal view (proto-M-Genesis), we all get along fairly
well, as long as evolution and cosmology are not discussed. Yet, my
interpretation is concordant, I think and hope, with mainstream science. so
what am I? Any taxonomists in the house? J

Coope