Re: [asa] Re: ...through a glass, darkly (we prefer it that way!)

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 17:07:56 EST

On 12/18/08, David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com> wrote:
> My impression was that original post was an effort to get people to
> look at a strange and obscure book with an ideology behind it that was
> way outside the realm of Christian faith and the natural sciences -- a
> classic trolling strategy.

The title of the book, "Urantia," certainly suggests that is true.

I seem to remember looking at it breifly some years ago and concluding
it had no scientific or theological value. Of course, I might be
wrong.

Whether or not thr post was a "troll" is not within my expertise to
judge. Perhaps -- perhaps not. I would not prejudge. OTOH, I am too
skeptical of it to look at it, UNLESS someone here I respect (which is
most of the list) would endorse it as having some value.