RE: [asa] promise trumps biology

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 14:36:24 EST

It's not word-play, its attitude, Bernie. Acknowledging sexist language and learning from it is a rather easy lesson and correction ("the average person in the pew" is not that hard to write), in my opinion. Also, in starting each of your sentences with my name, and changing the thread title to include my name (which is rare and in this case a disrespectful faux pas) you've made it all ad hominem.

As it is, 3 out of my 4 points were confirmed by you (sexist language, over-posting, no higher science education), but as to the fourth, apparently you wish to continue to promote an aggressive evangelical approach to science, philosophy and religion. Maybe this is why a respected member of this list, normally extremely patient would write of "your insistence that she see everything your way." Be it known that in some places, e.g. at least where I live, American evangelism has a bad name which is representitive of shallow thought, for this very same reason.

If you don't know what an occupation has to do with knowledge, Bernie, then there's nothing I can do to help you.

Sorry that you weren't and likely still aren't willing to listen.

That's the end of it for me with this person. __________________________________________________________________ Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca