RE: [asa] Four views

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 13:33:07 EST

George said:
"No, in theology science is always the servant. That doesn't mean that theology should proceed without any attention to what science says. If I can quote a metaphor I used here a few months ago: If theology is (as it used to be called) the queen of the sciences, & science is one of the queen's ministers, nevertheless, the queen should listen to her ministers even if they tell her things that are initially uncongenial to her."

That's like the joke from "My big fat greek wedding" where the woman tells her daughter "The man is the head of the household, but the woman is the neck, and can turn the head any way she wants."

LOL. ;-)

...Bernie