Re: [asa] Four views

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 13:23:30 EST

In one sense it was error on the part of scriptures that implied a Geocentric universe (to adapt your language a bit). I.e., people in the ancient near east thought the world was flat - for what seemed to them good & sufficient reasons - & that's wrong. Nevertheless, the Holy Spirit accomodated revelation to that view in order to convey the message that God is the creator of the world &c.

Yes, scientific discoveries may require us to re-evaluate the interpretation of some biblical texts - see my recent reply to Bernie & especially the Pascal quote there.

Sorry to confess my ignorance but I don't know what "M-Genesis" means in this context.

Shalom
George
http://home.neo.rr.com/scitheologyglm