RE: [asa] promise trumps biology (Gregory's response)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 11:06:27 EST

Gregory asks why thoughts should be "attacked." I don't see any point in getting into arguments on word-play. Why isn't it obvious that thoughts are attacked in a debate? Is that word too harsh? I don't think so. There's also Scripture warrant for it:

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Gregory doubts that I have more scientific knowledge than the "average man in the pew" because I'm an evangelist and work in the computer field. I don't get it. What does an occupation have to do with knowledge? As if a Ph.D. qualifies people to speak on all things scientific, regardless of which scientific filed the Ph.D. is in. Or is the point that I need to have a Ph.D. to be on this listserv? I don't think there is a point.

Gregory also says I'm bad because I violate the 4 post a day rule. Yes- two days ago I posted 5 posts because one was a post about how I discovered why posting weren't going thru for some people, and I thought people would appreciate that info. Other than that, you'd be pressed to find me violating the 4 post rule. It isn't like I'm a frequent abuser of the posting rules. Again- what was the point

Gregory says that when I say "the average man in the pew" I'm being sexist. Maybe I should have said "the average woman?" No- that's sexist too. Does anybody really care, besides Gregory?

I find all this stuff from Gregory extremely petty, and irritating. He used to send me these kind of emails privately, and I told him I wasn't going to bother reading or replying unless he wanted to do it publicly. From what I hear, he's the one who's sending other people private emails and harassing them.

...Bernie