Re: (post?) [asa] promise trumps biology (accepting biological evolution for Adam)

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 08:04:38 EST

A great deal depends on the background of the students & the time one has to talk with or to them. Perhaps the most important thing to try to convey to them is that what is essential to Christian faith is Jesus Christ, his death & resurrection & forgiveness of sins & acceptance by God for his sake. It is NOT the inerrancy of the Bible, an historical Adam, various moral standards &c. In saying that I don't mean that those secondary matters are unimportant but that they are indeed secondary.

Then, if time &c permits, it would be helpful to give young people a positive overview of how issues like evolution, cosmology &c can be understood in a Christian context.

Shalom
George
http://home.neo.rr.com/scitheologyglm