Re: [asa] Thankyou!

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 16:52:31 EST

However many words have multiple meanings & their use in one sense can also call up other senses. The fact that the term for an internet troll originated with a meaning from fishing doesn't keep it from calling up images of the trolls from The Hobbit, &c.

It's a principle worth keeping in mind in reading the Bible. It's a mistake, e.g., to think that Israelite who heard the word ruach in Gen.1:2 had to think of just one meaning, either "wind" or "spirit." Maybe it meant primarily "wind" but with connotations of "spirit" - or vice versa.

Shalom
George
http://home.neo.rr.com/scitheologyglm