RE: [asa] Four views

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 11:33:59 EST

Some comments.

Some prominent TE's hate that label (Howard Van Till for example). Instead of TE, maybe you should say EC (Evolutionary Creationists- 'evolutionary' the descriptor- 'Creationist' the noun and prime importance).

Also for 'atheistic evolutionism' you might add that with the multiverse theory, it can be shown that our finely tuned universe is actually mediocre. The values for life have ranges, and the settings we are "dialed into" are random. We are only here to observe it because it is within the working set, like many other universes. There's nothing optimal about our design settings- they just fall within a viable range, like many other universes.

I recently read about those ideas here:
"Many worlds in one: the search for other universes" by Alex Vilenkin
http://www.amazon.com/Many-Worlds-One-Search-Universes/dp/0809067226/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229361747&sr=1-4

...Bernie