RE: [asa] promise trumps biology (accepting biological evolution for Adam)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 11:26:02 EST

Hi Dick- the only reason why you can't go "all the way" with evolution- common descent for humans, is because of the Bible, sounds like to me. Same reason why people deny evolution- because of the Bible. However, I don't think you realize how against science you are by thinking a new creation could mix with "pre-Adamites." You give a hint that you are thinking about it when you say "But for his offspring to have been biologically compatible with evolved human beings is a stretch for me." I think you need to think about that more- indeed, the stretch won't stretch that far. It's not a stretch, but an impossible gap... it wouldn't work.

Coope said:
"I am curious why you are reluctant to favor biological compatibility with pre Adamites? The creation of any fresh-baked life forms would be superior in design only if they were compatible with their environment. Using the same patterns found in DNA, etc., of the pre-Adamites would yield a biologically sound body and, perhaps, mind. "

The pre-Adamites would have had cancer and all the other sicknesses, etc. What exactly did this "new creation of Adam" bring to the table, DNA wise? Did sickness and death hit the pre-Adamites before Adam? When you say "The creation of any fresh-baked life forms would be superior in design only if they were compatible with their environment" that "environment" means all the messed-up genes that the pre-adamites had... as well as what we still have today (pseudogenes).

...Bernie