Re: [asa] Huxley & History

From: Merv <>
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 23:02:40 EST

Thanks, David and Ted. Sorry that I haven't had a chance to sit down to this email all day until now.

Ted --I'll be looking up that book.
David, I do get the PSCF, and had already perused the December 2008 issue (V.60 #4). I didn't read every article completely, so maybe I missed it. But I didn't see any that seemed to center in on the theme of Huxley and his time. If you remember the author or title, send it my way. Thanks.

Ted wrote:

You ask a good historical question on Huxley and "warfare." The best study of this that I am aware of, is Colin Russell, "‘The conflict metaphor and its social origins’, Science & Christian Belief 1, 3-26, 1989. You can probably get a copy by ILL.

David Campbell wrote:
> PSCF just had an article on Huxley's using evolution, among other
> things, as a part of his social agenda. It would not yet be freely
> available yet from the ASA website archives.

To unsubscribe, send a message to with