Re: [asa] Occult crankery and the vitality of our email list

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 15:41:10 EST

Gentlemen,

The last time I came across the word 'troll' was in connection with my reading the famous Norwegian fairy tale "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Billy_Goats_Gruff) to my granddaughter; but that was many years ago. On this occasion, it would seem appropriate that we play out the story together.

Of course, it is possible that you use the term 'troll', more benignly, to refer to a serious-minded supernaturalist and Bible believer who, clearly, has old-fashioned expectations of what it means to be a scientist. If that is the case then I gladly accept your nomination!

Vernon
www.otherbiblecode.com
www.whatabeginning.com