Re: [asa] Anti-Creationism Lecture

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 09:30:57 EST

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:14 PM, John Walley <john_walley@yahoo.com> wrote:
> True God used miracles throughout the OT as part of the providence for Israel but in the NT Jesus used miracles in a much more casual way for signs and wonders. In one passage he even equated miracles with His routine task of forgiving sins by asking which is easier.
>
> He also embued his disciples with the power of miracles and in fact miracles are supposed to accompany all who believe, specifically for the stated purpose of being a sign and wonder.

Yes, but my point is the same - the purpose being a sign and wonder,
not an essential component for getting creation to happen. Is this
not explicitly stating that miracles are SUPER-natural? I don't think
it says that the creation of life (the bringing forth and so on) is
supernatural - I would read it as saying it was natural - obeying the
laws endowed on it (or as Darwin said "the properties impressed on
matter by the Creator")

Iain