[asa] Huxley & History

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Sun Dec 14 2008 - 18:25:23 EST

I seem to remember reading about T.H.Huxley and his "need" to drive a wedge
between science and religion. But now I can't remember if I encountered that on
this list or elsewhere --let alone who was elaborating on that. Ted, if it was
you, I don't need you to repeat (unless you want to) anything you've already
posted recently. But do you have any good books you could recommend that would
shed light on Huxley and the state of science and religion at his time --from
the perspective of an author who is willing to critique the old (or new?)
warfare model?

--Merv