Re: [asa] ID as theological necessity (old Timaeus discussion, new PSCF article)

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Sat Dec 13 2008 - 13:56:59 EST

As one expects, Groothuis' proof of the supposed necessity that "that God's designing intelligence is observable in nature" rests on Ps.19:1-6 & Rom.1:18-21. Denis Lamoureux pointed out some time ago that these texts simply cannot be used to show that there is the type of design that modern IDers assert. The evidence (for God, not design) that they refer to must be something perceptible to, & known by, the average person in the ancient near east & the Mediterranean world of the 1st century, & that leaves out the Blessed Flagellum, the blood clotting mechanism, &c. (Of course the ancients knew that blood clots but not anything about how that works.)

Shalom
George
http://home.neo.rr.com/scitheologyglm