Re: [asa] RE: The Local Flood (was promise trumps biology)

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Sat Dec 13 2008 - 00:59:16 EST

Vernon wrote: "...The global deluge would have generated a substantial _sphere depth of water_ (as defined above). The matter of the eventual and gradual drainage is therefore to be explained by the breaking up of the 'fountains of the great deep' (Genesis 7:11) - involving, amongst other things, a major restructuring of the planet's surface; gigantic trenches opening up to receive these superficial waters and forces of mountain-building coming into play. The result: the Earth as we know it today."

Unfortunately any such "breaking up of the fountains" would yield geology completely unlike what's typical of "the Earth as we know it today." Vernon, you erect such big targets I can't resist taking shots at them.

Don