Re: [asa] red in truth and claw?

From: Loren Haarsma <lhaarsma@calvin.edu>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 15:00:21 EST

   John, when you first asked the question I thought perhaps you were
looking for a quick answer -- one which would introduce a "person in the
pew" who had only ever thought of evolution in negative terms to some new
images.
   But you're pushing for a deeper discussion (which I agree that the
church needs to have). Had I known that, I would have instead linked to
my ongoing thoughts in:
http://www.calvin.edu/~lhaarsma/GrandDialogue_2008Feb09_CreationOrCurse.doc
   It starts with basic stuff about entropy and earthquakes, moves on into
mosquitoes and disease, the fall, the book of Job, and "subduing the
earth." I'd appreciate your thoughts on it if you've got the time.

Loren