RE: [asa] promise trumps biology (excommunication)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Thu Dec 11 2008 - 12:43:42 EST

Burgy said:
" We have not and will not turn anyone away!"

No excommunication? Aren't you supposed to expel immoral brothers, according to the Bible?

1 Cor. 5:
9I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people- 10not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. 12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."