RE: [asa] RE: The Local Flood (was promise trumps biology)

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Dec 10 2008 - 13:31:12 EST

Hi Bernie:

You ask good questions even if you don't seem to pay much attention to
the previous answers. Okay, try this:

Gen. 7:18: "The waters rose and increased greatly on the [land], and
the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the
[land], and all the high [hills] under the entire [sky] were covered. 20
The waters rose and covered the [hills] to a depth of more than twenty
feet."

All these substitutions are acceptable translations consistent with the
original Hebrew words.

An appeal to a "miracle" as the answer is a throw-the-hands-up solution.
When all else fails, try a miracle. I think a local flood necessitates
a smaller boat loaded with fewer animals. I've mentioned before that a
local flood covering two rainy seasons with Noah floating around in
between is a possible solution. Although I freely admit there is no
flood scenario I can imagine that doesn't stretch the limits of
credibility. It's simply that some scenarios stretch it more and some
stretch it less.

Dick Fischer, GPA president
Genesis Proclaimed Association
www.genesisproclaimed.org