[asa] RE: The Local Flood (was promise trumps biology)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Wed Dec 10 2008 - 12:53:37 EST

Dick- how do you deal with all highest (local) mountains being covered with water- by over 20 feet?

If it simply spilled-over, it wouldn't get to be more than 1 feet. But if it spilled-over, and filled the whole earth, then it could rise to 20 feet.

As for where the water came and went- no problem- MIRACLE! The whole story is covered in animals, such as the wild animals getting on board, and even Noah making such a huge boat that would float and not leak enough to sink.

If the mountains are covered with 20 feet of water, there simply is no bowl-effect keeping in the water. The writer went out of his way to tell you that.

Gen. 7:
18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet.