[asa] The Local Flood (was promise trumps biology)

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Dec 10 2008 - 12:26:04 EST

Hi Bernie:

This looks like selective reasoning. Bernard Ramm estimated it would
take four times the amount of water the earth possesses to flood the
entire earth. And if the entire globe was covered, where did the water
drain off? Since the impossible is less plausible than the possible a
local flood is far more likely.

The Hebrew word har means either mountains or hills. Thus the high
"hills" were covered. Unenlightened English translations occasionally
do us a disservice. Granted, a year-long flood is hard to reckon, but
it is just as hard to reckon whatever amount of land was flooded. If
the dove plucked a green leaf off the olive branch, however, you can bet
the tree was never submerged for months in salt water, and therefore,
the flood was confined to the Mesopotamian basin and the tree was
located on higher ground.

Dick Fischer, GPA president
Genesis Proclaimed Association
www.genesisproclaimed.org <http://www.genesisproclaimed.org/>