RE: [asa] promise trumps biology

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Tue Dec 09 2008 - 13:17:40 EST

Hi Michael:

Herodotus, Josephus, Berossus, and other early historians had available
to them countless records that did not survive. The libraries at
Babylon and Jerusalem were completely destroyed, as were the earlier
libraries at Ur, Kish, and Nippur. Furthermore, texts were not copied
and preserved over the centuries as were the sacred Scriptures. Even
latter day historians, Eusebius, Hippolytus, Julius Africanus, and
George Synkellos were able to draw upon earlier works that have not
survived.

I was able to access the Library of Congress because I live near
Washington, DC. David Livingstone who published Adam's Ancestors
recently had extensive facilities available in Great Britain that are
not attainable by researchers on this side of the Atlantic. And so it
goes. Even Darwin cited earlier writers in The Origin of Species. How
many of those works are still attainable?

Ussher's chronology is not too far off respecting Adam (I would guess
factoring in the Septuagint and archaeological findings he was off by
about 800 years), his mistake was in thinking all mankind, and indeed
the entire planet, was similarly dated.

Dick Fischer, GPA president
Genesis Proclaimed Association
www.genesisproclaimed.org