RE: [asa] promise trumps biology

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Dec 09 2008 - 13:11:55 EST

Dick said:
"You even question the Bible writers? Moses didn't know anything either?"

Then Dick said:
"I've said this all along, the flood was local, recent, and limited in those who died in it."

Dick, it looks to me like you are questioning George because he doesn't take the Bible literally, then you demonstrate you also don't take it literally, because Moses wrote that ALL life on the Earth was wiped out.... Everything that had breath in its lungs. Aren't you being inconsistent? You know the plain reading is that the entire Earth was flooded- also interpreted that way by the Apostle in 2 Peter.

Dick, you also said:
"Is everybody in Nebraska related to me?"

The answer is yes, if you think we all descended from an apelike creature (modern evolution). The answer is no if you think Adam was made special-he would then not be related to anyone else biologically if humans evolved except the descendents of Adam & Eve..

RE:
Genesis 6:17<http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=6&verse=17&version=31&context=verse>
I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.

Genesis 9:11<http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=9&verse=11&version=31&context=verse>
I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."

2 Peter 3:
6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.