Re: [asa] promise trumps biology

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue Dec 09 2008 - 12:16:50 EST

Did Josephus read many historical records about Noah, who lived a little while before Josephus?

It is hard enough for a historian to suss out what happened in the 19th century as I have found out, when one crucial letter out of 13000 of Darwin's went missing preventing my clinching an argument.

With at least 2500 years between Josephus and Noah (assuming Ussher to be right - as he was on the first page of his Annales:):)] there was a distinct shortage of material for dear Jo to use.

I cannot see how Jo could give any more than Moses or J , E, or P

Michael